Granito & Capital is one of the world’s first financial advisory companies devoted to the impact economy, that is, pursuing financial return alongside social and environmental impact. It is owned by the Granito Group.
• The CFO will be responsible for managing the financial, regulatory and compliance risks of the organisation and advising on the overall financial strategic direction for the organisation. The CFO will ensure the effective financial planning and management within the organisation. As a key member of the senior management team and working closely with the CEO, this individual will contribute fully to the overall strategic direction of the organisation.
• The role will report to the Chief Executive and have full responsibility for finance, IT, digital, GDPR, cyber-security, HR, general office management and company secretarial, compliance, regulatory and legal matters.
• He or she will operate as a strategic partner to the CEO and Board, make a broad contribution to building the organisation and contribute to the development of the Group.
• The individual will be one of Granito Group’s partners and will need to demonstrate strategic thinking, cross disciplinary working and strong debating and influencing skills and work effectively with colleagues to grow the business, brand and reputation of the organisation. The post holder will be required to have a breadth of awareness across all disciplines represented at the Group in order to contribute to and make informed decisions as both a partner of the Group and as a specialist in their own discipline.
Role and Responsibilities:
Building a robust function
Develop a first class finance and compliance operations by:
• Quickly establishing a reputation for delivery combined with a straightforward, practical approach and ability to operate in a lean environment with limited resource.
• Continuing to develop and improve financial metrics and analysis, to support on the digital infrastructure of the organisation (CRM, IT, etc) and to assess and communicate with clarity the performance of a high profile business to a broad base of stakeholders.
• Further developing the finance infrastructure and deliver a culture of ‘constant improvement’ in finance with specific focus on process, controls and systems.
• Demonstrating excellent project management and people management skills; being ultra-organised.
Leadership and Entrepreneurship
• Leading by example and delivering results in timescales that exceed the expectations of, and generate credibility with the CEO, the Board and executive team.
• Demonstrating maturity, credibility and functional expertise while retaining a straightforward, engaged and ‘can do’ approach. Being resourceful, adaptable and pragmatic – a problem solver with expediency.
• Operating as a commercial business partner to the CEO and contributing to the leadership and strategic development of the organisation, consistent with the stated ambitions of the business.
• Winning the respect of colleagues, peers and external stakeholders within a high profile business through immediate credibility, effective communication, intellectual capability and a robust and mature approach.
• Demonstrating the highest levels of integrity combined with real drive and commitment to delivering an impactful and high quality organisation.
• Thinking and planning strategically; have the ability to generate concepts/ideas and translate them into tangible tactics as well as execute them.
• Demonstrating a commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice.
• Incredibly entrepreneurial, resourceful, agile and flexible. Able to engage with tasks outside of direct remit as needed in a start-up environment, such as capital raising and financial modelling, as necessary.
• Intellectually powerful, technically astute finance professional with a background in financial services, investment management, banking or the corporate world.
• Extensive experience managing commercial, regulatory and financial risk and balance sheet management.
• Track record of delivering outstanding quality to the highest professional standards in a top tier institution. Successful background in developing risk, control and management information systems.
• Natural leader with first rate influencing and relationship building skills. Stature, presence and energy to represent the organisation at the highest levels externally.
• Hands on and comfortable in a lean environment with limited resource.
• Be professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
• Excellent project management and people management skills; ultra-organised.
• Be a strategic thinker and planner; have the ability to generate concepts/idea and translate them into tangible tactics as well as execute them.
• Driven and hard-working.
Granito & Capital will offer a partnership position with competitive equity at the Group level. Overall remuneration package is competitive and commensurate with the start-up stage of the Company.
Terms of Appointment:
Permanent full-time position;
Start date ASAP;
Based in London, United Kingdom;
Reporting to the CEO of Granito & Capital.
If you are interested, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org